“When one fights, we all fight."
Praying for my many family & friends in healthcare!My cousin, a nurse in New Jersey, already posted last week or earlier that she lost one of her colleagues to COVID-19. 🙏🏽
Hoping and praying that a working vaccine gets developed and approved ASAP.
Coronavirus: WHO marks 100 days since China alerted to first COVID-19 cases
The total number of global cases has surpassed 1.5 million, including more than 89,000 fatalities. Around 340,000 patients are reported to have recovered. Latest updates from around the world:
- 10% of US workforce now unemployed
- UK Prime Minister’s condition “improving” after third night in intensive care
- Number of cases in Spain surpass 150,000 mark
- Sub-Saharan Africa to fall into recession for the first time in 25 years, the World Bank said in new forecast
- Australia to evacuate stranded citizens in Peru, South Africa and Argentina
- Brazil reports largest daily increase in cases
BREAKING: 6.6 million Americans filed for unemployment last week.— Public Citizen (@Public_Citizen) April 9, 2020
10% of the US labor force is now out of work due to the coronavirus.
Half of all Americans get their health insurance through work.
Millions will lose their health coverage in the middle of a deadly pandemic.